Nomination for Prince Talal Prize shall be made by filling out the e-nomination form on the AGFUND website.
Only the completed and already evaluated projects as well as the ongoing projects of which, at least, the first phase is completed and evaluated are eligible to compete for the Prize.
Who can nominate?
No one can nominate his/her or its project. However, each of the following entities is eligible, as third party, to nominate for the Prize; UN organizations, regional, international and national NGOs, governments agencies, public institutions, universities and research centers, syndicates and experts in the field.
- Nomination of a development project for Prince Talal International Prize constitutes a moral engagement between the nominator and AGFUND.
- Nomination for Prince Talal International Prize for Human Development shall be made by filling out the online Nomination Form on AGFUND website: https://agfund.org
- The nomination documents should contain the documents listed in the item number (17) below.
- Non-winning projects in a given year may not be resubmitted before three years from the date of their first submission.
- For Profit projects shall not qualify for Prize.
- The nominators may not nominate the projects in the implementation or funding of which they have participated.
- The nominator shall submit an official Nomination Letter explaining the reasons which justify the project’s nomination.
- The nominator should be an agency or a qualified expert who is thoroughly aware of the project.
- Projects dealing with themes or topics other than the specified one shall be disregarded.
- Only the completed and evaluated projects, or the ongoing projects with a completed and evaluated phase are eligible to compete for the prize.
- Nominations including all supporting documents shall be submitted in English.
- For the Third Category i.e. government projects “ministries and public institutes”, the eligible projects are those which have been conceived, designed, established, funded and implemented through pure national efforts, without participation of any international organizations or foreign governments.
- All sections of the Nomination Form should be properly filled out by providing the required information. In case any of the required information is not available or is irrelevant, it should be clearly indicated as “not available or not applicable”.
- Each winner will be asked to sign a Letter of Intent, prepared by AGFUND in coordination with the winner, on how to use the proceeds of the Prize, since the said proceeds are meant to finance the efforts aimed to supporting the expansion, sustainability and/or replication of the project.
- The winning organizations shall confirm their commitment to post, on their websites, news and information about their projects’ winning of the Prize.
- The winning organizations shall confirm their participation in the award ceremony by their highest officials to receive the Prize:
- The chairperson of the organization in the case of international organizations, social business enterprises and NGOs.
- The concerned minister or the head of the concerned public agency in the case of government projects.
- The founder of the project in the case of individual projects.
- The Required Documents as listed below should be submitted with the Nomination Form:
- Official Letter of Nomination by a third party.
- Official Letter (s) of Recommendation by a third party.
- Project document in full, with annexes if any (including, work plan, implementation schedule, budget and financial information etc.…).
- Projects budget and financial statements if not contained in the Project document.
- Project completion reports.
- Project Evaluation report.
- For ongoing projects completion and evaluation reports of phase one or any other phases.
- Latest Annual Report of the implementing agency (if available).
- CV of the implementing person (in case of individual projects).
- Any documents that highlight the activities of the project (photograph, videos, printed materials).
Before starting to fill out the Nomination Form, please make sure that you have the Required Documents ready for uploading. Otherwise the project may not be evaluated. However, if these are too large to be uploaded with the form, they could be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org