Providing grants to support development projects implemented by the partners for the benefit of the target groups.
AGFUND works to implement its mission to support sustainable human development by identifying successful experiences, networking, and coordination between partners according to areas of interests.
And financially by:
- Providing grants to support development projects implemented by the partners for the benefit of the target groups.
- Providing equity to contribute to the establishment of Microfinance Banks and the expansion of Arab Open University.
Qualification & Funding Criteria
AGFUND works to implement its mission to support sustainable human development; technically by identifying successful experiences, networking, and coordination between partners according to areas of interests, and financially by providing grants to support development projects implemented by the partners for the benefit of the target groups, as well as capital equity to contribute to the establishment of Microfinance Banks and the expansion of Arab Open University.
To achieve this, AGFUND adopts a series of eligibility and funding criteria for UN/Regional/International Organizations and NGOs/Institutions.
Qualification set by AGFUND for funding projects proposed by un and international organizations:
- To apply for accreditation as a partner organization entitled to submit its development projects to be funded by AGFUND, the organization shall submit a letter and a copy of its statute.
- The organization shall comply to the following conditions:
- The objectives of the applicant organization should be consistent with AGFUND’s objectives.
- The applicant organization should not have political goals and must implement its projects without any kind of discrimination.
- The organization must have working experience of more than 5 years.
Projects follow-up and evaluation criteria
The follow-up and evaluation of project implementation is a systematic work undertaken by AGFUND to ensure that the project objectives were fulfilled, and the expected results were attained. These are as follows:
The specifications of Non-Government Organizations qualified to submit their Development Project Proposals to the Arab Gulf Program for Development (AGFUND):
- The entity submitting the proposal shall be a Non-Government Organization (NGO) classified as voluntary and legally authorized to work according to the laws and regulations of the country where the headquarters of the NGO is located.
- The NGO shall have no political aims and goals or trends that contradict with the policy of the country where the headquarters of the NGO is located.
- The activities of the NGO shall be compatible with its declared purposes for which it was established. It shall also be working in care and education or providing essential services in humanitarian, social, cultural, educational, medical, scientific, civil and technical fields.
- The NGO shall have its own articles of association and organizational structure and to be registered by the official authorities or Association of NGOs in the country where it is located.
- The NGO has been established for a period of not less than three years and has an independent legal and financial entity. The NGO shall not be a branch of a foreign NGO or affiliated to a foreign NGO.
- The NGO shall have the administrative and technical capabilities which enable it to execute the proposed project. The NGO shall also have good experience through the execution of successful and distinct development projects and having served a large segment of beneficiaries in the region where it is located.
- The NGO shall have audited financial statements for the last three years and be able to provide the program with its last two financial reports for (at least) previous two years issued from an external audit office or from a chartered accountant.
- The NGO shall be able to provide AGFUND with recommendations and supporting letters from two entities with whom it has already worked (Association to which the said NGO is affiliated, UN or international organization, NGO, government agency).
Requirements for submitting a project by an Arab NGO to AGFUND
- The conditions stipulated in the specifications of Arab NGOs shall apply first to the NGO that can submit its development project proposal and conform to AGFUND’s development priorities and objectives and funding criteria.
- The NGO shall fill the “NGO Development Project Funding Request Form” attached herein.
- The NGO shall attach its Articles of Association, Organizational Structure and official registration in the country where its headquarters is located.
- The NGO shall attach the last two financial reports for the previous two years, audited by a Charted Accounting Office or by an NGOs External Audit Office in the country where its headquarters is located.
- The NGO shall attach recommendations and supporting letters from two registered entities with whom it has already worked (Association to which the said NGO is affiliated, UN or international organization, NGO, government agency).
- Accuracy and honesty in filling out the attached project document is necessary, taking into account avoiding writing-off or scraping.
- AGFUND reserves the right to request any additional information or documents from the NGO.
The deadline for receipt of NGOs Development Project Funding Request Forms and announcement of approved projects:
- Mid-April for the meeting of the Board of Directors in June and the announcement of the approved projects in mid-July on the AGFUND website.
- Mid-October for the meeting of the Board of Directors in December and the announcement of approved projects in mid-January on the AGFUND website.