The Prize is supervised by an international committee of renowned international development leaders, who are selected based on their efforts and contributions to human development. The Prize Committee is chaired by HRH Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Talal Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud and membership of:
- Her Majesty the Queen Sofía (Kingdom of Spain) Executive President of the Queen Sofía Foundation and Honorary President of the Royal Board on Education and Care of Handicapped Persons of Spain. Representing Europe. http://www.fundacionreinasofia.es/EN/reina_y_fundacion/Paginas/default.aspx
- Signora Mercedes Menafra de Batlle (Republic of Uruguay) President of Honor, HECHO ACA – Todos Por Uruguay, Representing Latin and North Americas. http://todosporuruguay.org.uy/
- Ahmed Mohammed Ali (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) former President of the Islamic Development Bank Group. Representing the Arab Region.
- Professor Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh) Noble Peace Prize Laureate, Founder of Grameen Bank and Chairman of Yunus Centre for Social Business, Representing Asia http://www.muhammadyunus.org/About-Professor-Yunus/.
- Y. Seyyid Abdulai (Nigeria) Former Director-General of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID). Representing Africa.
Former members of the Prize Committee:
- Baroness Emma Nicholson of Winterbourne MP, England, Member of the British Parliament, Chairman of Founder and Chairman of the AMAR International Charitable Foundation.
- Dr. Federico Mayor, Former Director-General of UNESCO (1999-2004).
- Ms. Rigoberta Menchú Tum, Human Rights Activist, Guatemala (1999 – 2002)