Invitation to Submit Nominations
for the 2018 AGFUND International Prize
AGFUND Prize subject for the year 2018 is the first goal of the SDGs 2030
“End of poverty in all its forms everywhere”
Nomination for the 2018 AGFUND Prize is open for projects that best contribute to the achievement of one or more of the targets of the -above-mentioned subject. The eligible projects are those implemented in the developing countries by:
• The UN, international and regional organizations
• National NGOs.
• Ministries and public institutions or social business enterprises.
Targets of the first goal of Sustainable Development Goals
- By 2030, eradicate extreme poverty for all people everywhere, measured as people living on less than $1.90 a day
- By 2030, reduce at least by half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions according to national definitions
- Implement nationally appropriate social protection systems and measures for all, including floors, and by 2030 achieve substantial coverage of the poor and the vulnerable
- By 2030, ensure that all men and women, in particular the poor and the vulnerable, have equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, appropriate new technology and financial services, including microfinance
- By 2030, build the resilience of the poor and those in vulnerable situations and reduce their exposure and vulnerability to climate-related extreme events and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters
- Ensure significant mobilization of resources from a variety of sources, including through enhanced development cooperation, in order to provide adequate and predictable means for developing countries, in particular least developed countries, to implement programmes and policies to end poverty in all its dimensions
- Create sound policy frameworks at the national, regional and international levels, based on pro-poor and gender-sensitive development strategies, to support accelerated investment in poverty eradication actions