The Prize is supervised by an international committee of renowned international personalities, who are selected on the basis of their efforts and contributions to human development.
The Prize Committee is chaired by the President of AGFUND, HRH Prince Talal Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud www.princetalal.net and membership of:
- Her Majesty the Queen Sofía(Kingdom of Spain) Executive President of Queen Sofía Foundation and Honorary President of the Royal Board on Education and Care of Handicapped Persons of Spain. H.M representing Europe. www.fundacionreinasofia.es/EN/reina_y_fundacion/Paginas/default.aspx
- Signora Mercedes Menafra de Batlle (Republic of Uruguay) President of the “All for Uruguay Organization”, representing Latin and north Americas. www.todosporuruguay.org.uy/
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Ali (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) Former President of the Islamic Development Bank Group, representing the Arab www.isdbcareers.com/careers/isdb/home.aspx
- Professor Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh) Founder, Grameen Bank and Chairman ofYunus Centre, Noble Peace Prize Laureate, representing Asia www.muhammadyunus.org/About-Professor-Yunus/.
- Dr. Y. SeyyidAbdulai (Nigeria) Former Director-General of the OPEC Fund for International Development. Representing Africa.
Former members of the Prize Committee :
- Baroness Emma Nicholson of Winterbourne MP, (England) Member of the British Parliament, Founder and Chairman of the AMAR International Charitable Foundation, (2005 – 2013)
- Dr. Federico Mayor, Former Director-General of UNESCO (1999-2004).
- Ms. Rigoberta Menchú Tum, Human Rights activist, Guatemala (1999 – 2002)