The Prize is supervised by an international committee of renowned international personalities, who are selected based on their efforts and contributions to human development.
The Prize Committee is chaired by the President of AGFUND, HRH Prince Talal Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud www.princetalal.net and membership of:
- Her Majesty the Queen Sofía(Kingdom of Spain) Executive President of the Queen Sofía Foundation and Honorary President of the Royal Board on Education and Care of Handicapped Persons of Spain- Representing Europe. www.fundacionreinasofia.es/EN/reina_y_fundacion/Paginas/default.aspx
- Signora Mercedes Menafra de Batlle (Republic of Uruguay) Former First Lady of Uruguay and President of Honor of the All for Uruguay Organization. Representing Latin and North Americas. www.todosporuruguay.org.uy/
- Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Ali (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) Former President of the Islamic Development Bank Group- Representing the Arab Region.www.isdbcareers.com/careers/isdb/home.aspx
- Professor Muhammad Yunus (Bangladesh) Founder, Grameen Bank and Chairman Yunus Centre, Noble Peace Prize Laureate. Representing Asia www.muhammadyunus.org/About-Professor-Yunus/.
- Dr. Y. SeyyidAbdulai (Nigeria) Former Director-General of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)- Representing Africa.
Former members of the Prize Committee :
- Baroness Emma Nicholson of Winterbourne MP, (England) Member of the British Parliament, Founder and Chairperson of the AMAR International Charitable Foundation, (2005 – 2013)
- Dr. Federico Mayor, (Spain) Former Director-General of UNESCO (1999-2004).
- Ms. Rigoberta Menchú Tum, Guatemala Human Rights Activist, (1999 – 2002)